2015 SATW Media Marketplace — Downtown Las Vegas
Monday, October 5, 2015
2:30 – 5:30 p.m.
The annual Media Marketplace is the place for Associates to pitch story ideas to the more than 100 attending travel writers, photographers, editors, bloggers, videographers and radio broadcasters. It’s also a forum for making and solidifying relationships with journalists that will result in additional coverage long after the convention ends.
TravMedia is again sponsoring the Media Marketplace appointment-scheduling tool and the online pressroom, which will remain open for story research until Dec. 31, 2015.
The Las Vegas Media Marketplace is divided into two sessions: scheduled appointments and open Marketplace.
2:30 – 4:24 p.m.
Scheduled appointments—each 10 minutes in length—run from 2 p.m. to 3:50 p.m. During this session, Actives and Associates will conduct pre-scheduled appointments. Actives and Associates who have open appointment slots are free to meet with one another. TravMedia will be on-site to help facilitate meetings.
- 2:30 – 2:40 p.m.
- 2:43 – 2:53 p.m.
- 2:56 – 3:06 p.m.
- 3:09 – 3:19 p.m.
- 3:22 – 3:32 p.m.
- 3:35 – 3:45 p.m.
- 3:48 – 3:58 p.m.
- 4:01 – 4:11 p.m.
- 4:14 – 4:24 p.m.
4:24 – 5:30 p.m.
During the open Marketplace session, Actives are welcome to sit and visit with any Associate who is free. Meetings are not timed.
- Marketplace tables will be arranged alphabetically within designated sections. Alphabetization is done by the company name listed on the Associate’s table sign. Associates are required to sit at their assigned tables.
- Associates may bring press kits, photos and other collateral for distribution and display; however, displays must fit on the Associate’s assigned tabletop space and should be no taller than 16 inches.
- If using a laptop or iPad to show video, the sound must be low enough so as not to disturb conversations happening at adjoining tables.
- Promotional items (food items, pens, magnets, etc.) with a retail value under $3 may be distributed.
- Only registered Active and Associate SATW members may attend Marketplace. No guests are permitted. Spouses are permitted only if they have a volunteer role assigned to them by the Marketplace Committee co-chairs.
In addition, you will have access to the online pressroom before, during and after the convention. There, you’ll find news releases, photos and videos provided by Associate members, as well as profiles and media work of the Active members attending the convention. This social network will allow you to ‘”connect” and “follow” other members, increasing the interactions that take place at the convention and helping you to continue your long-term SATW relationships.
Watch your email for instructions on how to access the pressroom, followed soon after with details and deadlines for the appointment system. Please see the information below about shipping and receiving of boxes.Shipping
PRE-SHIPPING MARKETPLACE MATERIALS TO LAS VEGAS
Boxes should be scheduled to arrive not earlier than Friday, October 2, 2015. Boxes should be addressed as follows:
ATT: GUEST NAME
HOLD FOR ARRIVAL: (Day/Date of Arrival)
Downtown Grand Hotel & Casino
206 North 3rd StreetLas Vegas, NV 89101
Shipping & Receiving
Receiving packages will be charged according to weight as follows:
0 – 15lbs = $5.00 per package (includes letter size envelopes)
16 – 30lbs = $10.00 per package
31 – 50lbs = $12.00 per package
51 – 75lbs = $25.00 per package
76 – 100lbs = $30.00 per package
>100lbs = $0.50 per pound per package
Bulk deliveries on pallets will be charged $150.00 per pallet.
All parcels held for guests in excess of three days will be charged $5.00 per parcel per day.
Each package sent out from the hotel will be charged a $5.00 handling fee.
See you in Downtown Las Vegas!
- Associates begin to load their pressrooms on TravMedia.
- Actives begin to update their profiles on TravMedia.
Pressroom summaries begin. Information regarding story opportunities offered by Associates and profiles of Active members will be emailed to all Marketplace participants. These summaries will continue September 8, 15, 22, 29, October 3, 5, 7, 9 and 14th. Note: The information in the summaries is pulled from the press room, so it is important to have your materials loaded before September 1.
These summaries willcontinue on August 19, 22, 26, 29, and September 2, 5, 8. Note: The information in the summaries is pulled from the pressroom, so it is important to have your materials loaded before August 15.
September 2, 1 p.m. Eastern Time
Appointment setting opens
September 23, 11 p.m. Eastern Time
Appointment setting closes
October 5, 2015
Marketplace in Downtown Las Vegas